ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY FOR KARUSANDARA COMMUNITY
In addition to our women economic empowerment project that we have been implementing for the last 8 months in Karusandara sub-county Kasese district, a total of 60 more women have been added as beneficiaries. The new project “women economic empowerment through agriculture” will be implemented in Karusandara for the next 18 months. The project is funded by our new partner, Marie-Schlei-Verein e. V., Germany.
Our project goals:
- Improving women’s income and alleviating their poverty;
- Improving the nutrition and living standards of women, their children and families;
- Promoting women’s self-esteem;
- Equipping women with farming skills.
Idealistic Project Objectives:
• Promotion of gender equality
• Promotion of the economic independence of women